Hey ho hello!
Yesterday after work was my first union after-work activity for this year. Went to the dormitory for the monthly visit. It was a great opportunity but at the same time I felt guitly for leaving my husband and son behind for more than 12hrs. But what to do......
Acacia Lodge is at Bukit Batok. Sounds near from Gul Road but it took us One hr to reach there due to the super slow traffic. We brought along some goodies for the workers as well.
So basically, the unions, HR and the management will come to the dormitory to find out how its like living there, to receive feedbacks with regards to the unit or facilities there plus with the economy downturn situation now. Being the emphatic symphatic person tt I am...i nearly cry lah each time they complain about the income they get now. They are not allowed to do OT anymore and to see how they so bersungguh sungguh to work...just give them any job as long they are being paid touched the bottom of my heart deeply. How can I be so lazy to work when these people all so so so hardworking..and they keep emphasizing about their family. How they want to survive with that amount of money (i heard their pay is less than 300 a month,without OT) in Singapore and to send money to their families back in their country. Most are from India I guess.
The unit is like a 3 room flat. There is a kitchen, living room with cabinets all around and 2 bedroom with a few bunk beds. 10-15 men in one unit ley....wahpiang. some units are very well maintained while some are not.
Thank god for the experience I saw ytd. Guess I needed it for long term. Hope I can open my eyes and stop being lazy to go work now.
Bismillahirohmannirahim ❤

0 comments:
Post a Comment