
"A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three." - Grantly Dick-Read
Its been 3 weeks. The first seven days, I breastfed only to my medela which was transferred to my little boy thru syringe & tubes. First two days, I hand pressed for the colestrum to come out. Alhamdulillah once baby is out from the neonatal care unit, I managed to give him to latch and really.... even the pedatrician gives two thumbs up for his latch and sucking. He did very well for his age.
Breastfeeding is really, really beautiful.
I hope i will continue to breastfeed till he is at least 1 years old. We dont even have any formula milk yet stored at home for Plan B btw. Huhu. This one credit really goes to my hubs and my mom for their forever asking me to keep on trying and never giving up for e first few days.
Bismillahirohmannirrohim.

0 comments:
Post a Comment